If you have your own wireless router connected to our system, we recommend contacting or visiting the manufacturer's website or referencing the setup guide that came with your device. If you ordered an indoor device, please see the instructions below:
Your Huawei eA280 Indoor unit creates 2 wireless networks that you can use to connect your wireless-enabled devices. Your indoor unit comes with unique broadcast names and WiFi passwords. You can change these values to personalize your network and provide added security. The process to change your network name and password is:
1. Connect to your router using the pre-configured SSID and password located on page 5 of your setup guide and on the sticker on the bottom of your device.
2. Open a web browser, and type the following IP address into the address bar: 192.168.8.1 (if this does not work use 192.168.1.1). This will bring up the home page of your router.
3. Click on Log In from the top right of the screen. You will see a login window prompting for a username and password. The login information should be located in the setup guide for your device.
4. Select Settings from the top navigation bar, then select WLAN - WLAN Basic Settings.
5. You will now see the wireless settings page to change your SSID and password. Select Edit to change the SSID and Password of your 2.4g and your 5g network if desired. After you are done modifying the settings, click on Apply.
**NOTE** Please be sure to remember any changes you make. If you forget the new information, you will need to bring your router back to the EAN office to be re-provisioned.